My trip to España!

 Hola! How are you? Today I am back with another post, which is a summary of my trip to España! España is Spain in Español. And Español is Spanish in Spanish. :p 

I had visited Spain 2 years ago, in 2018. We had our Diwali Vacation and I had my first ever 15-days trip. It was the best trip ever! Well, at least till now. 

My father's college friends' families were also with us. We were around 13-15 people. Yes, toooo many people. But we had the best trip ever

Our first destination was Madrid, the capital of Spain. We had a city visit, with a tour guide. The guide taught me some Spanish like numbers from 1 to 8: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, then ¡vamonos! It was fun learning Spanish. We had a Mercedez bus, with around 50 seats, and we were only 15 people. More than half the seats were empty. It was fantastic to have a whole bus for us, and that too a Mercedez bus! The bus even had a mini room for the driver to sleep, the kids used that as our hide and seek space. :D On the second or third day in Madrid, my father was really sick so my parents went to a hospital, while I went with one other family to watch one of my friend's father do sky diving. And the other families were having a city tour or shopping. 

We then moved to Toledo, I don't really remember what we did there, but maybe it was a small town, with old remains. We had traveled from Madrid to Toledo in the Mercedez bus, imagine the excitement in us. That day, we reached Segovia a night. So we just had dinner at Burger King. Since we all were vegetarian, we removed the Tikki from the burgers and just had plain burgers and fries. 

The next day, we traveled on a train to go to the Warner Bros. amusement park, Madrid. It's like Disney land, only of Warner Bros. We rode roller coasters, and other amusement park rides. It was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Day 5: Seville. On that day, we went to Granada - Alhambra, again a small town but with a castle. Granada is Pomegranate in Spanish. Isn't that cool? A city named on a fruit! Then we returned to Seville and had a city visit. We even went to a bubble show in a park. Not sure if that bubble show was in Seville, but yeah, I definitely attended one. 

After Seville, we went to Bilbao. We mainly went there for architectural purposes. My parents and their college friends are architects. We visited the Guggen heim Museum. It's one of the famous museums made by great architects. After the visit to the museum, the adults were chit-chatting, and the kids were playing in the playground. We didn't want to leave the playground at all! Then we had some nice hot chocolate and took off for our next destination. 

Our next destination was San Sebastian. While going there, we went to another mini town. Well not the kids, only the adults. It was a castle previously, now it is known as a town. In San Sebastian, we had another city visit. 

After San Sebastian, we finally went to Barcelona. It was amazing, really amazing! It's a whole city, that is a huge fan of football! We visited the football stadium, the changing rooms of the footballers, and then a museum. We clicked some wonderful pictures and bought some souvenirs. We went shopping and had fun the whole day. Oh boy, I miss Spain more than ever now. We visited Girona after staying 2 days in Barcelona. Girona is another small town. Spain has a lot of small towns. Mostly we were roaming and shopping in Girona. 

The last day had arrived. We were traveling to the airport and were going to visit the Barcelona zoo on the way. The Barcelona zoo is breathtaking! We saw soooooooo many animals and birds, big, small, tall, short, and so many more! 

I guess that was our last destination in Spain. I missed out on some very funny incidents because I couldn't remember when they exactly happened. So I'll list them here in general: 

- One of my parent's friends scolded a manager of a resort for non-efficient service. I was trying so hard not to laugh. xD 

- We played the board game called 'Sequence' almost every day before sleeping. Sometimes the adults stayed up till 3 o'clock and played 2-3 games of it. It's an addicting game for sure. 

- We had 14-inch pizza in an authentic pizza restaurant in Spain. We had ordered 5 pizzas for 15 of us. Then somebody told us that Spanish people have a whole 14-inch pizza per person! Woah! Imagine! A 14-inch pizza for only one person! Plus, they have really big slices. 

- We had stayed in one resort, I dunno where. But that resort was a maze. 2 families' rooms were straight from the reception. While my room and one other family's room was like this: Take a left from the reception, go straight, take the lift and go to the 1st floor, there are 2 stairs, my room is from the left stair and the other family's room is from the right stair. Uh, a long route, and too far. Oh ya, in that resort itself, we had that fight with the manager. Well, not we, my parent's friend. xD 

- I just remember another funny thing. My mom is the most shopaholic out of all the moms. She had just published an article about her being a shopaholic in my school's magazine. My mom would find a good clothes shop, and she would be always the first one to take us shopping. 

- During the whole Spain trip, the kids have 2 songs that we sang during the whole trip. First is Believer by Imagine Dragons, and the second is Despacito by Justin Bieber. 

I guess that's all of the funny incidents I could remember and fit. That's it for today, hope you liked this post. Stay tuned for more posts! Adiós! :) 

Comments